Well, it is time for my biennial blog post. To be completely accurate, it has been 1.5 years since my last blog post so don’t even think about requesting more blogging for at least another 30 months or so. Thanks! I’m busy.
A lot has happened since March 2012. I won’t get into details mainly because it has been so long I don’t remember any of the details. Here are some highlights:
– I grew to be 1.5 years older.
– I weigh about the same
– My golf handicap went down 2 strokes. I attribute this mainly to a better mental approach, i.e. not caring as much. Funny how that works. The new clubs probably helped a bit too.
– I competed in 2 World Speed Golf Championships, winning neither. This is my new favorite sport. Lots of fun. If winning were a matter of having fun or not, then I tied for first with everyone there, because who could not have fun running around Bandon Dunes hitting golf balls into holes. I love it!
– I read a ton of books last year, and quite a few beginning this year, but have slowed considerably. I plan on picking it up the remainder of this year and the remainder of my life. Reading, being knowledgeable about a lot of stuff and wanting to learn more is an attractive quality. I don’t think anyone would dispute that, so there needs to be more emphasis in society on that type of attractiveness instead of solely being concerned with what everyone looks like. So, I will keep working on that.
– Chav, I don’t give a shit what you think about my blog. You can read it in any voice you want.
– My girlfriend Kat had a really good thought about life advancing in 5 year increments. It takes about 5 years of doing the same thing and living the same lifestyle before things start becoming stale. When things get stale you need to drastically or semi-drastically change things up. I absolutely agree with this. I am coming up on 6 years doing basically the same thing with my life. I am a year past due on a big change. I don’t know what this change is going to right now, but I need to make it happen soon and I will. I am excited about the next 5 years has in store for me!
Ok, thats it for right now. I might do a “What I am Thankful For” post every few days this month. Maybe not everyday, but occasionally. I think I am thankful for a lot of things, but thinking up 25+ is too much. I am thankful I can do whatever I want on my blog 🙂