Made it to Paris again without incident. The traveling so far has gone very smoothly. I am attributing that to the intense preparation I did before I left 😉 Actually, a monkey could get around. It is so easy. Found the Hostel again easily. This place is my favorite so far. Right on the canal with a view of the canal from the room and a sweet restaurant/bar downstairs. Super clean too.
I got here, plopped my stuff on my bed and immediately took off for the Seine. Most of the popular stuff is down by the river. Saw some lady eating a baguette sandwich and saw a place to get one a block later. I’m a bit of a sandwich aficionado so, I know my sandwiches and that the bread makes the sandwich. This might have been the best sandwich I have ever had because this bread was AMAZING!!
I’m a bit torn as to which city, Paris or London is more beautiful. I think I am leaning towards Paris. I will give a final verdict after walking around later tonight. All around though I definitely like London better though. Not once in London did someone try to scam me out of money or follow me two blocks begging for a couple Euros. Come on Paris, that is not endearing anyone to your city!
– went to see the Louvre. Going in tomorrow.
– Saw the Arc de Triomphe….the first half of the walk from the Louvre to the Arc is a bit like the National Mall in DC, but cooler. Then the second half is all high-end stores.
– Then walked back down to the river to see the Eiffel Tower. Pretty impressive in person, but exactly like I expected.
– Got lost for a second….its a lot harder to find the Metro station in Paris. In London it seemed a lot easier. Might be the signage. You can’t miss the London Underground sign. Another win for London.
– Went to the Cathedral of Notre Dame. It was free so I went inside. Pretty impressive!
– Came back to the hostel…writing this blog. Going to head out in a sec to see some of the stuff at night. I always like seeing cool buildings and things at night when they are all lit up.